Purpose: To advise, govern, oversee policy and direction, and assist with the leadership and general promotion of WCNO to support the organization’s mission and needs.
Mission Statement: Webber Camden Neighborhood Organization: Empowering Collaboration & Connection to Create a Thriving and Equitable Community for All
Expectations of Board Members:
• Attend and participate in at least 75% of meetings and in at least one special event per year.
Each board member is expected to read board packets and come to meetings prepared.
• Participate on a standing committee of the board and/or serve on ad-hoc committees as necessary.
• Communicate and promote WCNO mission and programs to the community.
• Become familiar with and oversee WCNO finances, budget, and financial/resource needs.
• Accept legal and fiscal responsibility for the organization, along with the board, through adherence to Articles of Incorporation, By-Laws, adopted policies and procedures.
Length of Term: Members commit to a minimum of 2 years with the ability to serve up to 6 consecutive terms utilizing staggered terms where half of the members rotate out each year.
Meetings and Time Commitment: The WCNO Board of Directors is a working board that needs board members to be able to commit 2-5 hours/month for meetings and work on behalf of WCNO.
Criteria for Board Membership: Must meet eligibility requirements of membership as a resident of Webber Camden. Only 2 board seats may be filled by owner or business lessees, or designated representative of a nonprofit, educational organization or governmental organization located in the neighborhood.
- Have direct impact on the issues and topics that you are most concerned about and/or involved with in your community such as housing, transportation, business development, youth and families, race & equity and more.
- Meet your neighbors and folks from different parts of the community.
- Build skills and your resume, learn about a wide variety of issues and topics impacting quality of life across the city and in your neighborhood.
To apply, download the application here and submit to either firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off at 1206 37th Ave N, Minneapolis, MN 55412.